Monday, March 5, 2012

Bloomsdale Spinach

I finished that Bloomsdale Spinach illustration today. Here it is:
I'm really happy with how this turned out. It makes me want to stick totally to leafy vegetables because the wrinkly leaves just look so neat. This one is in gouache, which I am beginning to really like. I may stick with it for a while for everything. The strange thing about it though is the way my scanner picks it up. This spinach illustration actually scanned really grey again. I had to hold up the original and mess with the color of the electronic image on the computer, looking back and forth between the two, to get it to really look like the painting. I am not sure why the scanner doesn't like gouache, but as long as I can fix it, I suppose it's OK.
We also worked a bit more on the raised beds until something happened to Juneau again...
I think he just needed a snack.

No comments: