Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Changes to the Zombie Story Illustration

After I sent that original outline of the drawing for the cover of that zombie horror story, the author asked for a few changes. So, today I made them, and this is the new outline:
One thing I find rather hard is drawing imaginary characters without human models to look at. I suppose it would be easier if I drew people from life more often, which I love to do, but it is not easy to find people who will sit there for hours in awkward positions while you are thoroughly enjoying yourself copying them down on paper. One way to get around this is to just take pictures. Sometimes I have Juneau pose for me when I am having trouble getting a character down, which most of the time is fun, funny and entertaining for both of us since it usually involves him trying to be serious while looking tough or arrogant or some way that he just isn't normally. I had him and myself pose for the first outline of this one, but when I worked on it more today he was not around so I was left with only my imagination. I guess it worked alright. Hmm, perhaps it's time to embarrass myself and Juneau and put up the photos we took for the first outline of this illustration... Yes, I think so, hahaha....
 It's so funny! Hahaha, I had him wear tighter clothes so I could see more of how his body looked, but it has the bonus effect of looking really funny!
Why am I embarrassing myself like this? Ah, well, it's funny!

No comments: