Thursday, February 9, 2012

More on the Namibia Tree

For some reason last night Juneau and I decided to have coffee kind of late and then of course stayed up playing games and being silly and eventually painting and drawing. So, by the time I was painting on this tree it really could be seen as either today or yesterday. Whenever it was, here is the next installment of the Namibia tree painting:
To answer Liz's question from yesterday's post, on whether or not they number the dunes in this desert, the answer is no. The dune that this tree is near is called Dune 45 because it is at the 45th kilometer of the road that connects the Sesriem gate, (the main access point to the Namib-Naukluft National Park) and Sossusvlei, (a salt and clay pan surrounded by high red dunes, located in the southern part of the park).
Painting on this last night felt really good. It reminded me of when I was in high school and would stay up all night painting in my room. I wasn't doing it because I had to, or because someone else wanted it, or because I made this goal to paint or draw every day. I was doing it just because I was into it and time disappeared. That is why I love to draw and paint and I am glad I got back to that for a night.

No comments: