Thursday, February 23, 2012

Red Giant Mustard

Here is what I finished today, the Red Giant Mustard illustration:
I love it when I can do all the detailed wrinkles of leaves.
I was looking for some fun mustard green facts online and found that mustard greens are good for phytoremediation. This is what wikipedia tells me about it:
This plant is used in phytoremediation to remove heavy metals, such as lead, from the soil in hazardous waste sites because it has a higher tolerance for these substances and stores the heavy metals in its cells. The plant is then harvested and disposed of properly. This method is easier and less expensive than traditional methods for the removal of heavy metals. It also prevents erosion of soil from these sites preventing further contamination.
 Wow, healthy for us and healthy for the earth. That's a good veggie.

No comments: