Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The next steps of the Dark Green Zucchini

Here is the next installment of progress on the dark green zucchini:

I worked on it in a coffee shop today while my dad, who I am visiting, was in a meeting across the street. It's getting close to done. I need to add some darker colors to the leaves, stems and flowers, and also add the detail.
Here are a couple of fun facts from http://homecooking.about.com: "The word zucchini comes from the Italian zucchino, meaning a small squash. The term squash comes from the Indian skutasquash meaning 'green thing eaten green.'" I love that name :) And it's interesting because now we are used to so many kinds of squash of so many colors. I tend to think Orange when I think squash myself. I guess this veggie has just come a long way.

No comments: