Thursday, March 15, 2012

Delicious 51 Muskmelon Installment

Here is the Delicious 51 Muskmelon mostly done except for adding the important part of the sort of netting on the surface, which I will get to tomorrow:
If you were to have asked me what a muskmelon was a few years ago I would not have been able to tell you because I always heard them called cantaloupe. I suppose it is maybe a North versus South thing, or maybe Midwest vs East. I'm not sure. It would be fun to do a survey and make a map of it.
Thinking of this just now I looked up a map of soda versus pop and someone, actually a number of someones, has made one. Here is one from the New York Times that shows the most common term used; pop, coke, soda, or other:
 
from http://ideas.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/the-soda-vs-pop-map/

No comments: